We have created a list with the best hotels in Baku, Azerbaijan. Hope you enjoy it. We think it might be the best of its kind around.
Azerbaijan is an Ex-soviet Islamic Republic country, located in the southern part of Caucasus, at the crossroad of Southeastern Europe and Southwest Asia. It shares borders with Georgia, Iran, Armenia and Russian and an exclave of Turkey. It is miraculously rich in natural resources and historic cultures.
Azerbaijanis represent their lifestyle which is the combination of different civilizations uniquely and harmoniously. Due to its geographical location stuck in the middle of Iran, Russia, and Turkey; Azerbaijan is a specular Caucasian country (which) comprises the blend of Eastern and Western culture – that is both modern and ancient at the same time.
The tourism industry has been rapidly booming in recent years, therefore, Azerbaijan is found on the tourist map with huge potential. In 2017, Azerbaijan had (was listed as one of the) world’s rapidly developing tourism economies. Moreover, in tourism competitive indicators, Azerbaijan has reached 39th position among 148 countries of the world.
Baku is a cosmopolitan oil capital and the commercial hub of Azerbaijan, located at the coastline along the Caspian Sea. It’s a historical center with a deep and intriguing past that reveals the Persian roots.
Baku is most populous among all of the other cities, (and) it comprises of the winding alleyway, beautifully structured historic buildings, impressively designed mosques, and the extravagant remnants of fortification include a vast royal complex of Shirvanshah Palace and the iconic stoned Maiden tower, which have become (one of) the most attractive spots for tourists.
Other than the ancient sites, the city is much alive in its cultural and entertaining activities. It vibrantly hosts arts as well as bustles the modern business sector for promoting tourism and let visitors have a mesmerizing experience.
1. Qafqaz Point Boutique Hotel
Also known as Qafqaz Point, a 5-star finest hotel is located in the central city of Baku, Point Hotel Baku provides a World-class service with celebrity treatment. It is located just 5 minutes of walk from Huseyn Cavid Park, the outstanding location to try the traditional cuisine from the city center and the most picturesque town known as “Old City” is situated in the neighborhood.
There are six different kinds of rooms here; split level, loft junior suite, standard family and superior double room depending on your need. The elegant styled rooms have a magnificent view of the city center; you can either lay in bed or sit in a comfy armchair and watch flat-screen TVs with soundproofed windows and coffee/tea facilities. Plus Wifi is for free in public areas as well as in rooms.
- Qafqaz Point Boutique Hotel Google Map Location
- Hotel rating: 10 (amazing)
- Qafqaz Point Boutique Hotel Address: Kazim Kazimzade Street 118/560, 1065 Kazım Kazımzadə küçəsi, Bakı, Azerbaijan
- Qafqaz Point Boutique Hotel Official Website: Qafqazhotels
- Qafqaz Point Boutique Hotel Phone Number: +994 12 510 78 78
- Qafqaz Points 24 hours reception arranges airport shuttle anytime needed
- Health club with an indoor pool and 2 restaurants
- Wide ranges of spa and wellness services are facilitated
- Heyder Aliyev Serji Sarayi is just 4 km away from the hotel.
- No need for prepayment. Pay at the property.
- Rooms are available at very affordable prices.
- 2 restaurants and a bar available.
- 74 smoke-free guestrooms.
- Free self-parking for guests.
- Multilingual staff at the front desk.
- No free breakfast offered by the hotel services.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Airport shuttle charges around 30 AZN per ride.
- No group events or parties are allowed.
2. Winter Park Hotel
Winter Park Hotel offers accommodation just a few steps away from winter park. It is ideally placed for guests who value being mesmerized with fascinating Winter park view at the on-site restaurant. The hotel is located in Nasimi area; a traveler’s popular choice from where guests can grip what the lively city has to offer. The city’s must-see destinations are situated at ease distant.
Since Winter Park Hotel stands for its hospitality and culture, along with top features it provides excellent staff service from doormen to reception; waiters to maintenance personnel; friendly and multilingual speaking staff.
Multiple types of rooms refurbished with high qualities, equipped with modern replenish amenities. On emphasizing comfort, it features special relaxing styled orthopedic beds. 24-hour service offers contemporary in-room experience.
- Winter Park Hotel Google Map Location
- Hotel rating: 9 (superb)
- Winter Park Hotel Address: 29, 30 Mirzəağa Əliyev, Bakı 1126, Azerbaijan
- Winter Park Hotel Official Website: Winter Park Hotel, Baku
- Winter Park Hotel Phone Number: +994 12 599 91 99
- Fountain Square and Azerbaijan Opera and Ballet Theatre is a few miles away.
- Electric kettles are standard; Coffee/tea maker is facilitated in every room.
- Bathrobe, hairdryer, toiletries and room service is offered for free.
- Free and speedy wifi all over the hotel.
- The hotel also offers bike and car hire.
- 24-hours front desk.
- Offers premium bedding.
- Free breakfast buffet is included.
- In-room dining option is there so no need to worry about food timing.
- Cheap room prices.
- Currency exchanges are available within the hotel.
- Events and parties are organized by the hotel’s dedicated event team.
- No free breakfast is included in cheap priced room’s facilities.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Airport shuttle charges extra for service.
- No smoking area.
3. Baku City Hotel
Baku City Hotel comforts its guests with contemporary amenities and well set in a prime location of Sabayil district Baku, location is 11 minutes’ walk away from Maiden Tower, 9 minutes’ walk from royal complex Shirvanshah’s Palace and 20 minutes’ walk from Freedom square. It doesn’t come with more history-filled or atmospheric; but instead stands as a symbol of modern, self-confident Azerbaijan. Yet the historic old quarter of Baku is just a few steps away.
Baku City Hotel accommodates travelers arriving from around the globe, comprises of on-site restaurants with the choice of mouthwatering American, Asian and Brazilian cuisines. The hotel’s staff service is highly attentive without being obsequious. It offers friendly and multilingual; Russian, English and Turkish speaking staff.
The interior décor of spacious rooms is restrained with colorful walls; the deluxe texture of carpeted wooden/parquetted floors gives a comfortable feel along with soundproof windows and swish touches; tea/coffee makers and laptop desk.
Baku City Hotel Room Price Starting From: US$38 + US$6 taxes and charges
Baku City Hotel Popular Amenities:
- Airport shuttle
- Room service
- WiFi available in all areas
- Non-smoking rooms
- Free WiFi
- Good breakfast
Baku City Hotel Details:
- Baku City Hotel Google Map Location
- Hotel rating: 8.9 (fabulous)
- Baku City Hotel Address: 29, 30 Mirzəağa Əliyev, Bakı 1126, Azerbaijan
- Baku City Hotel Phone Number: +994 12 404 82 85
- Free breakfast included.
- Grocery delivery service.
- On-site currency exchange.
- Front desk service (24-hour).
- Free Wifi provided in all rooms and public areas.
- BBQ facilities.
- Vending machines in Dine-in room.
- Safety deposit boxes convenience.
- Minibar is available in all rooms.
- Old City Baku and Nizami Museum of Azerbaijan Literature just a few miles away from the Hotel.
- Ironing facility.
- Wake-up service.
- Separate dining area in all rooms.
- Available at very reasonable room prices.
- Pets are not allowed.
- No elevator constructed.
- No smoking area.
- Shuttle service charges extra for getting around.
- No window in Budget rooms.
4. Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn is superbly located at Absheron region, right in the heart of Baku’s business sector and social district, 1.5 km from Maiden Towers. It’s an ideal choice for business and leisure travelers. Closest is the splendid Caspian Seashore just across the beautifully landscaped garden area of Milli Park (National Park) whilst the historic part of Baku is in the opposite direction a few miles away. Holiday Inn is a 4-star hotel that features 223 rooms, 18 suites, and 3 opulent apartments. Head up to the top dining in Marina 18 restaurant to get a superb 180 degree panoramic Harbor view, catches the eye. There are plenty of places to eat out nearby as well; Baku Boulevard, Mini Venice and more.
Provides truly international standards service; prompt, attentive and friendly staff with English, Russian, Azerbaijani, and Turkish speaking workers. Guests have to take advantage of facilities such as wellness center, spa, and sauna offering massage treatments where extra charges apply.
Rooms vary in size, splendidly decorated in subtle hues and soft carpeted floors. Each room consists of body molding mattresses laid on white lined clad beds. Floor to ceiling gives sublime views of the Caspian Sea and the bustling city of Baku.
Hotel rating: 7.9 (pleasant)
- Breakfast free of charge.
- Wake-up service.
- Upper floors accessible by elevator.
- Old City and Palace of Shirvanshah is within 8 minutes’ drive away.
- Electric kettle available.
- Ironing facility.
- Free Wifi all over the property.
- Indoor swimming pool.
- Smoking rooms are available.
- Rental car service.
- Not a suitable option for those concerned for affordable room prices.
- No pets allowed.
- Extra charges for shuttle service.
5. Fairmont Baku, Flame Towers
Fairmont Baku is a trio of sleek glass high rises; it is designed to exceed a 5-star standard hotel that gives a luxurious vibe along with featuring a picturesque view of the Caspian Sea or spectacular glance of Baku city. The rooftop pool is built on a delightful broad terrace complete with plenty of poolside seating. At the same building, Baku’s only I-MAX movie theatre Park Cinema Flame Towers is located. A little funicular railway leads straight down the hill into the town for ease of guests. The swimming pools are innovatively geometric mosaic designed for proper swim and lounging.
Staff is as efficient and attentive as you would expect from 5-star hotel services, especially the bar manning, delivering and breakfast room services are just perfect. The rooms are luxuriously preserved and equally elegant with chic upgraded furnishing. However, between the rooms, there is a marked difference depending on the room-level you choose. Views from windows are on to the breathtaking Caspian Sea or the splendid view of the other two Flame towers. Rooms vary according to the chosen level, consisting of a king-sized double bed or twin bed with a flat-screen TV and combat marble bathroom with a deep tub.
Hotel rating: 7.7 (pleasant)
- Martyr’s Alley is a few steps walk away from the hotel.
- Hot tub facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor pool.
- Yoga studio.
- Kettle and coffee maker in every room.
- Butler service for club-level rooms.
- Access to an exclusive lounge.
- 24/7 room service available.
- Nespresso machines in rooms.
- Rooftop pool.
- Kitchen in some rooms.
- Versatile space for group meetings and events.
- Some rooms offer access to Fairmont Gold lounge.
- Expensive room prices.
- Extra charges for booking breakfast with room.
- Full-service laundry applies charges.
- No free shuttle service.
- No smoking rooms.
Azerbaijan is worth a stay. The country is a mixture of modernism, UNESCO honored historic old towns and generously well-maintained decent places. It is not like other Caucasian countries since it lies at the crossroads of Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, therefore, there is the blended influence of cuisine, culture, religion, history, architecture, and hospitality. Locals seem to be very friendly and always welcoming the tourists. The plus point of Azerbaijan is its affordability; you can conveniently enjoy your trip even in your small budget.
Moreover, must-visit places can be; Mud volcano, situating close enough from Baku City. It has a delightful odd sight of mini-mountains; bubbling up from the field of mud on a remote hilltop.
Other places like Shahdaq, the greatest ski resort of Azerbaijan, located just 20 kilometers away Russian border is an excellent choice for skiing and paragliding. In the south, there are less known cities; Ganja and Lankaran have a distinct culture, in-fact some people produced their own created languages indicates how isolated they were throughout history. Every place tends to be somewhat unique in its own way. A couple of more places in Azerbaijan are worth visiting, you can spend time exploring the mountain is something you can’t ever enjoy enough.